Affiliates (HTML)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ode to Jimmy

Today's entry initially was going to be about progress on my pitched game and how my English tutorial had the class acting out parts of Othello, but then a really special tube arrived in the mail today for me and it traveled all the way from Kenedy, Texas. For some clarity, I have this really great online friend that I have known for many years, and he has always been exceptionally supportive of all my endeavours (no matter what it is). We have epic discussions from the absurdly outrageous to the absolutely banal, and no matter what our conversation is about, it's always delightful to interact with him.

He knows that I am an intense Zelda fan, so to go out of his way and get these posters for me really means a lot. They're so awesome, and a lot larger than I was expecting! Going to have to find some space to put them on my walls. Thanks a ton, Jimmy. <3

The other main event of the day is that a friend of mine is coming over to record more of our collaboration Let's Play. For those who don't know, Let's Plays are essentially video game walkthroughs recorded by a capture card with voice-over commentary. We are currently working on Namco's 2004 Japanese RPG Tales of Symphonia, which was released exclusively for the Nintendo Gamecube. We are nearly the end of our epic 40-50 hour quest, encompassing all of the main story and sidequests. The latest episode is episode 27. Here is an example of what we do (WARNING: Spoilers for those who have the intention of playing Tales of Symphonia and haven't already):


My voice acting is laughably bad, I know.

So a video-game centric entry for today. It pretty much is consuming the entirety of my day (whether by creation or playing pre-existing, nevertheless) and I am completely okay with that. Hope you are all having a colorful cel-shaded day, just like me! Peace!

1 comment:

  1. :)

    I need to get on the ball and watch them LP videos. :G

    ReplyDelete