Affiliates (HTML)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Game Strategy & Design: Pitching the Game

Today was the day that our game pitches were due. When I arrived in my tutorial, I assumed that we would be forming groups and then pitching the idea to our individual members, but no! Turns out we had to present to the entire class our game, and out of everyone's ideas the top two voted would be designed and built! My, that made me nervous, didn't expect that at all. I went up and gave an honest effort in providing details about my potential game, in two seconds titling it 'Under Siege' because I had not come up with a name by that point, and afterward sat back down and listened to all the other pitches.

Surprisingly, my game was the top voted in the class! As it was my idea, I have become the team leader that has to organize and coordinate everything for the programmer, art designers, and music/sound designers to do. I have now suddenly amassed a ton of responsibility and work to do in this semester, based on one class alone. It will be stressful, but I'm quite excited for it. I have wanted to work in this field for almost my entire life. It will be great to finally get some experience. :)


My reaction to the news.

Off to get more homework done; hope everyone has a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I wish you the bet of luck with it. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete