Affiliates (HTML)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

So much to do, and seemingly so little time to do it! I've found myself in quite a predicament as to be caught up to my eyeballs in school work, every day, no matter how much I tackle each project with an iron resolve. I don't know if I'm sleeping too soundly because though I'm sleeping for longer than I used to, I've been absolutely exhausted these last few days, and nothing seems to remedy it. I feel that I must literally drag myself through stubborn willpower to get anywhere and to even pay attention in class, which is unlike me. I'm sure I'll get over it, though - everyone has this mood/feeling eventually, right?


This week has seen the introduction of Pride & Prejudice in my English class. It has been a book I have always intended to read (I saw the movie adaptation a few years ago), so it's been very enjoyable to finally get around to it. Though I already know what is to happen, it is a lot of fun to imagine the characters and their environments in my mind. I cannot help but read "Mr. Bingley!" and/or "Mr. Darcy" with faux British enthusiasm. I'm about a third into the novel, now. Another entry will likely see some more P&P.


I had the opportunity to reconnect with some old online friends of mine on Tuesday, after having not spoken to any of them for near two years. These were all people I had met during my time as a staff member of a site named Wiipals/Nintendo Worlds/NintendoPals [It has hopped between the three names; it is currently Nintendo Worlds] and I would play games online with them. These people happen to be especially adept at Mario Kart and participate in online tournaments. They're insanely good players and really hard to play against, but the competition makes it fun! I was able to play Mario Kart 7 (the new handheld version for the 3DS) online with them on Tuesday night, and was able to place between 1st and 8th place. I honestly never had any idea what my final position would be - it all could change in an instant! Thanks for the fun, guys. I certainly missed interactions like that. :)

I completely forgot what else I was going to include in this blog, so instead I will leave you with the following spontaneous closure: I am presently devouring a roast beef sandwich, and it is delicious. Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I still need to pick me up that game.

    Try not to over do it, Vanessa <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get Mario Kart 7, Jimmy! Would love to play some races online with you! :)

      Delete
    2. lol I actually tried to get it the day before but it was sold out at Walmart. I was then debating on Mario Land 3D or whatever it is called. If they have it today when I go, I will give it a shot again. I also still need to find out if my new router will connect with people to play.

      Delete