Affiliates (HTML)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Beginnings Anew

 A scene from MLP:FiM, as depicted by Suirobo

So the weekend has come and gone and I actually do not have much to report on it, other than to say that I took it easy and did not invest myself in any major projects or assignments. On Saturday I watched the newest episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; it was an episode about Applejack heading off to the rodeo in Canterlot to win both blue ribbons and the prize money for her hometown of Ponyville. Applejack goes missing and it's up to Twilight and the rest of the gang to find out what happened to their country pal! A simple plot (it is a kid's show, after all...) but was one of the most enjoyable episodes of season two. It just keeps getting better and better. The show's production team also must adore their fans, because a former background pony (whom the fans named 'Derpy Hooves') was actually given a spotlight and a voice! The internet was pretty crazy about that over the weekend. I'd be more "OMG" if Octavia was given a highlight, personally. :)


The other show I spent some time viewing last week was Game of Thrones. I've heard nothing but heaps of praise for the series since it's inception, but I only just decided this last week to invest some time into watching it. I have only seen the first four episodes so far, but it's really good! I can see why it's so popular. The quality of the show is so good that I do feel inspired to go out and read the series its based on, 'A Song of Ice and Fire' by George R.R. Martin. I am an absolute sucker for medieval fantasy pieces, and this is no exception. A definite recommendation if you're into that genre!
 

Remember a few days ago when I mentioned that my game pitch was the most popular in the Game Strategy & Design tutorial, and I now have to head a team of six into designing/creating it? Well, it's happened again! In my Theatre class, my parody playlet on the classic Romeo & Juliet tale turned out to be the most preferred in my group (we had to read through each others' playlets and decide whose we thought was the best and should be performed). That's twice now that ideas of mine were chosen to be produced! It's both exciting and nerve wracking, because one of the primary responsibilities besides being the visionary is to lead these projects to success. Romeo & Juliet is being directed by another member of my group, so that lessens my leadership role in that somewhat, but I am still the playwright and acting as Romeo in the piece. Our production will be performed on March 19th, 2012 - so we have approximately two months to produce it, with absolutely zero class time devoted to it!

All of that and I still haven't even breached the subject of Red Rogues yet. I suppose that would best be saved for another post - it's important every day of the week, but especially on Sundays! I'll let you all know about that later. :)

Happy Monday, all! Best of luck through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment