Affiliates (HTML)

Friday, February 10, 2012

Reflection

So far, the assignment to develop a (technological) autobiography has been an interesting adventure for me. When I started it, I first felt apprehensive because I've never been too keen on creating a blog, let alone keeping up to date with it... and to be honest that's not something that's changed at all, but for all intents and purposes I think I am updating it enough. Or at least, I sure hope so! 

This project has definitely highlighted my key interests for me in the year 2012 so far. I am living and breathing Red Rogues; I like to occasionally game or at least discuss about one with another person; I eagerly anticipate every Saturday's episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to see what kind of adorable shenanigans they will be up to next; I have a lot of group projects running concurrently (Under Siege, Romeo & Juliet, the TBD FA 245 topic) [Group projects are, for the record, the bane of my existence - no one ever seems to want to pull their weight, it's stressful and inappropriate for a university setting]; and I have a profound interest in the material being covered in my English class right now - I'm thrilled to be covering classics such as Pride & Prejudice and The Canterbury Tales! English has the potential to either rock or suck based on who is teaching it, and I'm glad to report that I'm experiencing the former. My professor is an inspiration.

This assignment has provoked me to try new things, or at least have the courage to put myself out there. Though that vlog is likely a standalone title in the series (it is one that does not need a sequel, certainly), I never before even would have dreamed of doing something like that, let alone being capable of it. Mostly everything I have posted is already doing a bang up job of representing myself; for the most part, I like posting about artistic endeavours I've been working on. I am usually a person that likes to hold her cards close when it comes to personal projects - to discuss details is to demotivate me from actually working on them, strangely enough (especially concerning writing), but I am trying to make the effort so that this blog is somewhat more personalized to me and not just another billboard for pre-existing material that I happen to take interest in. Which is certainly an easy enough thing to do, as what I choose to surround myself by is certainly an aspect of what defines me, but it's not the whole picture. I'd like to think that showcasing personal works are the final pieces to the puzzle. 

In relation to what I've been working on today, I've decided to try my hand at making sprites - that is, character pixel art for video games. As one of my group projects involves making a game from scratch, it would make sense to try to incorporate new skills into my arsenal.


Each individual image is considered a 'frame' - in order to animate them, you need to link the images together in an indefinite loop. It gives off the illusion of movement - though I suppose it's not an illusion that the poor sod will be marching and running for the rest of his digital existence. He will lead the charge as probably the weakest 'enemy' in Under Siege - those poor blue spiky-haired guys can't seem to catch a break!

Here is a look at what they look like in movement:

Left: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/LadyHood/Long-Sword-Left2.gif

I just notice I never bothered to include the sword in the back images, oops! The hilt and glimpses of his blade will be added in a future installment.

Hope you all have a great night! Happy Friday!

1 comment: