Affiliates (HTML)

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Teen Titans Go!



WHAT.

How did I not learn of this sooner? They've been showing brief animated shorts as a test run since February! Why was I apparently looking in all the wrong places at the wrong time back in February when this started up?

I'm not sure what I think about the new art style or the more comedic-driven nature of it yet (the seriousness of the original animated series is what largely got me into it, though the comedy was a welcome sprinkled addition in the episodes), but I will celebrate the existence of this project anyway because THE WHOLE ORIGINAL VOICE CAST IS RETURNING and YES YES YES.

I was obsessed - and I mean, obsessed - with Teen Titans in my junior high and early high school days. I was always a bit disappointed when it was not given the green light for a fifth season even though it was a proven and successful series by that point. I don't know how the end product will turn out when it premieres in 2013, but I will guaranteed be a faithful viewer regardless. Here's to hoping it's good! The same group is producing it, so I just have to trust in their judgment with the direction they've chosen with the established animated material.

Dug around Youtube a little bit to see if I could find some of the shorts - just watched "Blackfire's Babysitter", that's hilarious! Won't spoil the punchline if you haven't seen it already, but... yes, they went there. Faith renewed immediately.


They seem to be drawing (pun totally intended) their art style from the more 'anime' styled moments of the previous series, but with a heavy emphasis on chibi forms. Not quite used to seeing them as something other than their relatively 'realistic' selves, but it's something I'm sure everyone will grow adjusted to.




Wow. After that one, consider me excited. It's been a long wait since those 2003-2006 days, but I'm really glad they're coming back! Looking forward to the full 22 minute episodes next year! TEEN TITANS GO!

1 comment:

  1. I did not know of the shorts being played till you mentioned it. I dont watch tv much now since i use the tv as a monitor haha

    ReplyDelete