Affiliates (HTML)

Sunday, September 30, 2012

End of the Month Reflection

As it has been twelve days since my last entry (that is two days longer than the last time, so this is worth a double oops!), it's about time I get a move on and write up an entry so that you all know what's currently going on in my wonderful life!

I'll try to keep this entry focused on just a few key points that have occurred since my last update, because a lot of big things have happened since then!

Firstly, and probably the most prominently interesting to note for the people that follow this blog - I GOT THE JOB! The interview was absolutely stellar; in fact it felt less like an interrogation and more like a casual conversation, because she asked me only a couple of questions and we talked pleasantly for the rest of the time. One thing I can remember clearly that she asked me was: "Are you always this happy?" and to be honest, the answer is "Yes!". When I'm out in public and dealing with people (and this is especially important for a front counter position), I am very peppy and naturally enthusiastic. It makes the experience more enjoyable for not only myself but the people interacting with me, and I really don't see any reason why I should or would want to act like a plug. That's not fun for anyone. I officially start on Tuesday, and having looked at the schedule I was given, they certainly don't look to be giving me any training shifts - perhaps they have more confidence in me than I do, because I have next to no experience serving breakfast! I'm nervous, but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things again. Hope so! I'll be chronicling my adventures here, so you'll get to hear all about it.

Secondly, and what may come as a surprise to you (it certainly did me; I never thought I would see the day) is that I am once again an Administrator of NintendoWorlds. I had left quite a legacy during my membership there in 2007-2010 apparently, because my friend Michelle messaged me on Facebook asking what it would take to convince me to come back - being me, I said 'Tyrannical Overlord!' and, well... Now I'm an enlarged pink dinosaur on a rampage.

This is me claiming dominion over the VIP Usergroup
Joking aside, it's both great and a bit strange to be back on the site. It's a lot different from how I remember it! XenForo took a little bit to get adjusted to, being a VBulletin native and all, but the transition hasn't been too difficult since there are people more than willing to help me should I have any daft moments. It's been a log of fun interacting and reminiscing with some good old friends of mine - can't believe two years have passed since I actively conversed with them last! The site is currently in the midst of a rejuvenation period, and we're getting it all set up to relive those glory days in the modern era of the 3DS and Wii U. It might take some time, but it'll all be worth it in the end!

For anyone who might be concerned, let your fears be assured - Red Rogues is still my highest priority, and I currently have my days scheduled to accommodate for work, writing, the site, and some downtime (which currently is still Xenoblade Chronicles). Speaking of which, I feel like I'm nearing the end of the game - and what an adventure it's been! I plan on potentially writing a review of the game once I'm completely done with it, so you can look forward to that! The next game on my to-do list (which is probably 'October's' game) will be The Last Story, another JRPG for the Wii that is part of the trio from Operation Rainfall just as Xenoblade Chronicles is. I can already tell you November's game is going to be Paper Mario: Sticker Star; there really is no deliberation over that. :D

On a completely random note, Cartoon Network's 20th anniversary is tomorrow (October 1st). To celebrate the occasion, they commissioned a video to be made that references the milestones of their broadcasting tenure. While I didn't see Teen Titans in it (surprisingly), Dexter's Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls more than make up for their absence. The video itself is artistic and very trippy, so if you're interested in checking it out, you can find it HERE. Nostalgic memories came up for sure. <3

Also, I started watching Downton Abbey yesterday. While I've only seen the first episode so far, I do quite like it and it feels like it holds a lot of promise. I know many people who love it (the parentals included!) so I do look forward to taking some time to sit down and watch all the episodes. I also recently acquired the first season of Game of Thrones, so I definitely plan on introducing Skye to the world of Westeros soon! :D

I feel like I might be forgetting something, but as I can't seem to figure out what it is, I'm going to finish off  the entry here. I can always edit the bottom of this post if what's been forgotten is important enough.

I hope you've all had a fantastic (or at least bearable) September; I know that mine has certainly been interesting! Let's hope for an excellent October!

Much love!

PS: Season 2 premiere of Once Upon A Time tonight! Yay!

1 comment: