Affiliates (HTML)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

On the Prowl

Operation: Acquire A Job

Procedure: Update and beautify resume. Write personalized, targeted cover letters to each individual company being applied to. Proudly boast a shiny reference letter. Go out and submit these highly glamorized packets of professionalism to aforementioned businesses. Next, ???. End game: Profit.

That's how it works, after all!

Perhaps it is unsurprising after an introduction like that to learn that I am currently in the midst of writing cover letters towards pretty much any company in the Lower Sackville/Bedford areas. I am not too pressed for time yet, but I would like to get hired soon so I can start saving up some money for future investments! I am hoping to get employed by either of the EB Games this time around, as I've always had an aptitude for games and organization that I am sure would be useful in that particular retail environment. I am a former employee of McDonald's, so I do have experience in the food service industry should I wish to apply to any restaurant chain in the region. I'll keep you all updated on how the job pursuit goes!

I am currently sitting in a Starbucks inside of Chapters in Bayers Lake - Skye is having a lunch meeting with her boss over at Montana's. I hope that all is going well! Looking forward to hearing the news. :)

It's been an odd but enjoyable experience to be back here in Nova Scotia so far. There is always a weird sense of nostalgia being back in the area, knowing where all the roads connect and (roughly) where all the buildings are. Of course there are always new additions after a year or two, but for the most part it still looks the same! No one has changed very much either; they may have acquired a couple of new obsessions (one has a hearty interest in the art of cosplaying and in the animated television show Young Justice) but they still possess the same relative personality traits. It's been a fun few reunions so far!

I'm going to end this off here because Skye's done her meeting and is on her way over to me now. I hope you're all having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. You, sitting in Starbucks in Chapters? sounds like you're following in my footsteps, haha. Good memories being there in Bayer's Lake :) miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly thought of you while I was there! It's not something I've done very often, but I can see the appeal and might make a habit of it in the future. The environment is perfect for productivity; I can see why people go there to work on stuff! Might have to make it a writer's haunt in the future... ;)

    Love you and miss you tons. <3

    ReplyDelete