Affiliates (HTML)

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Leaning Tower of Pizza

Never a dull moment on Wednesday! It started off simply enough, having woken up late after staying up as late as I did (you all know that from the previous entry... whoops). Most of it has been spent doing a bit of spring cleaning, cooking, and hanging with my bestie, who everyone knows to be on the top of the tier list. (If you did not previously know this, check out your nearest tier list - Skye is most undoubtedly at the top, and if she's not, your tier list is old and needs to be updated to the August 29th, 2012 "SKYE IS TOP TIER" version.)

More importantly, Wednesdays are known around these parts as 'club day' - also known as the Super Smash Bros. Club at the University of Victoria (UVic), where various peeps come together to play all sorts of awesome games (and the club's namesake, of course). We've got tons of people who play Magic: The Gathering, some come together to play League of Legends exclusively; there are others who play obscure-looking fighting games on the PS3... Whatever floats your boat, it's probably being done here. Personally, when I'm not indulging in kicking everyone's butt at Brawl (unless it's against Rob... then it is my butt that is being kicked), I either partake in playing N64 games with some peeps, browse around/write on my laptop, or on the spare occasion when I bring it, I will play games on my DS Lite. My latest DS obsession is Okamiden, which may or may not have been directly influenced by Chuggaaconroy's recently started Let's Play of it.

Today, though, I engaged in the beautiful act of pizza delivery. As it is the final club meet of the semester, we like to mark the occasion with a celebration of some kind - this time, as the title implies, it's a pizza party! The name of the entry itself is a quote from the Little Caesar's employee who had the fun task of stacking our boxes on the counter. I had an internal giggle fit upon hearing it. I whipped out the camera for the sheer hilarity I saw before me:

Those boxes have nice hair - and eyebrows
Fifteen boxes of beautiful pizza, eleven pepperoni and four cheese. The whole gang is consuming them as I write this. Skye and I took our own bounty of the spoils:

Yummy!

... and proceeded to not finish them because she and I have small shrunken stomachs and we are incapable of consuming two entire boxes of pizza by ourselves. Oops.

Not to be outdone by our morals, though, the tempting offer of cookies proved too great and we consumed a few despite ourselves. I couldn't help it - Chewie was telling us to!

You can't resist this adorable face
There was also a friendly message on the board reminding us that Chewie indeed wanted us to eat his cookies:

That's me longing for the cookies on the left

So now I feel fat and to make things even better... when Skye and I choose to leave at a likely arbitrary time such as 2-3AM, we are going to walk down to Mac's Convenience Store and indulge in some Cherry Kool Aid slushies. Well, it's nearing the end of the summer so we might as well succumb to some indulgences before fall and winter sets in! As the kids are saying nowadays, YOLO, right? =P

Off to play some Okamiden now and maybe chat to some nerds (and get completely lost in what they're discussing, as per the norm); hope you're all enjoying your Wednesday evening/night! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had yourself a great day. That pizza looks delicious and that is one cute wookie.

    ReplyDelete