Affiliates (HTML)

Saturday, March 31, 2012

I Wish...

... that I was an artist. Or perhaps I should clarify, a visual artist, as I am fully aware that writing is considered an art form in its own right. I was never particularly amazing with my drawings when I was younger, and thanks to my being exceptionally self-conscious during my childhood, I lacked the motivation to improve. After all, the best way to hide mediocre artwork was to never create any in the first place.

That easily explains why my drawings look like they have been done by a third grader.

Why am I prefacing this post with slight self-deprecation towards my ability to draw? Simple. I am about to show examples, yay!

Around a month ago I mentioned that I had to pitch another game idea for my Game Strategy and Design class. I gave you all the scoop in advance with a pre-screening of the pitch 'Escape the Biebs!', and now I'm about to do it again. I have been working on the storyline images that will serve as an introduction to the game - why I am the artist for this, I cannot fathom - and considering the time constraints and balancing with other classes... they're not too bad. They could be better (for starters, I could get off my lazy butt and shade them if I had the time, to make them more glossy), but they'll serve their purpose in the limited time we have to put it together.

Here are a couple of examples, to show you what I mean:

 



Perhaps I'm not being too fair on myself by judging these. If I had a lot more time available, they'd be much higher quality than they are. I guess they're already 'high quality' compared to most of the other groups in the class, though, since most of them don't even have a developed storyline (or images to accompany them)! I still have a lot more to get through... hoping to maximize the weekend to the fullest for this project and the remainder for my other classes.

Nearly done the school year, all! Best of luck with your future endeavours!


No comments:

Post a Comment