Affiliates (HTML)

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Game of Thrones Theme - Violin Cover

I absolutely love the Game of Thrones intro. The video is the most incredible effort I have ever seen for television series, and it's so well done! The theme song has a tendency of playing on loop in my brain for hours because it is just soooo good (and very catchy and memorable, too).

Here is the original, for those few that have not actually seen it yet:


The main reason why I have brought this topic up is that I recently came across an amazing violin cover of the theme song. I have always been a fan of the violin and have always wanted to learn how to play the instrument (the sounds it produces is gorgeous, after all), so any original/cover that is particularly well made gets automatic kudos for me. This guy here is a true professional at work:


As Game of Thrones has grown increasingly popular and into the mainstream, it is unsurprising that parodies galore are cropping up in unexpected places. One of my personal favourites has to be The Simpsons intro spoof, which has Springfield developing in a similar style to that of the fantasy world epic crafted by George R.R. Martin. Unfortunately I cannot embed the best quality video I have seen of this intro (all the Youtube uploads were taken down) but I can at least link you to the page here: http://io9.com/5890410/watch-the-simpsons-game-of-thrones-intro

Also, there is nothing better than popular culture mash-ups, and that's what you'll get with this fan-made Game of Thrones intro given the My Little Pony treatment:



This post feels like one of the first entries I've made in awhile that does not focus so much on what I personally create, but rather showcases my appreciation for what other members of society can do in creating an artistic masterpiece. I guess that is a good thing, since I shouldn't always be so self-absorbed.

Have a great night all! Hope you enjoyed a video-centric entry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment